Personal Trainer Course – Try this simple exercise. Go sit on a park bench for forty-five minutes on a Sunday morning. Observe the goings-on around you. You ought to see people walking or jogging or doing some physical activity out in the sun. You will also see that more than fifty percent of people you see from the time you step unto the park until you return home are either out of shape or are outrightly unhealthy to the eyes that can be corrected through personal trainer coarse/courses.
This presents itself as an opportunity for an individual of sound mind and body with lots of time to spare. Because people are now conscious of their health and are doing something about it, the health business is among the most profitable enterprises currently in operation in this recession reeling economy. Before one can open up any health and fitness business, one needs to have the proper knowledge and qualifications in order to be called and acknowledged as a personal trainer.
Personal Trainer Course – The Basic Personal Trainer Qualifications
In opening a health and fitness business, the most important person would be the personal trainer. In order to be acknowledged as such, the following are the basic personal trainer qualifications required in order to operate a health and fitness business.
- Personality. The personal trainer needs to inspire and engage their clients to go the extra mile for their health. They need to be easy going and approachable since many individuals find it difficult to follow or even maintain an exercise regimen for their own benefit. Being an extrovert and fun can help make exercise truly a beneficial to the student.
- Communicative. Exercise is not just the body moving but also involves the mind helping the body do the work. This means that much scientific knowledge regarding exercise physiology, biomechanics and nutrition can be translated to simple concepts for the exercise client and student to understand and incorporate in their lives. Communicating enthusiasm on exercise is also key in becoming a successful personal trainer.
- Charisma. This is the personal quality to convince others that your way is the right way and they would follow the way you lead. It involves the ability to encourage others to do something difficult because it is for their own good. This may involve authority or tutelage on your part but the commanding personality would also help.
- Organization. Because physical fitness classes have no set guidelines, a good personal trainer needs to organize a training regimen that can lead individuals to better health and stamina. The exercise plan needs to be properly laid out and planned to provide the best results for the participants of the workout.
- Ability. This involves long hours of technical knowledge on the science behind exercise. The personal trainer must know the techniques and the tools in the fitness regimen recommended or being done. A little knowledge on safety and first aid would only help the personal trainer to be well rounded for their students.
Personal Trainer Course – The Technical Knowledge for the Business
Because of the health and safety concerns before, during and after the exercise regimen, it is important that the personal trainer is knowledgeable and adept in the technical aspects of physical fitness. Reading a book or watching a DVD is not enough as these specialized fitness individuals need to be properly trained and educated on the basic and advanced information on fitness and exercise through personal trainer coarse/courses.
There are two ways that an individual can obtain the necessary training for this job. The first one is through undertaking a personal trainer course to become a full-fledged personal trainer. In this training, the technical aspects of exercise and fitness are learned together with motivational modules to be able to assist others lead a healthy and fit lifestyle. The course would also provide information on nutrition and safety to prevent injuries. Like many classes taken in the real world, the education can also be obtained through online personal trainer coarse/courses. Here, one would need to go online and subscribe to the information to which the individual would need to learn the ins and outs of personal training and fitness in the comfort of their home.
Once the course is completed, either in a classroom setting or through online training, a test as to ability and knowledge is needed to be taken. In this test, the individual’s training would be assessed to determine if they meet the minimum qualifications to become a physical fitness trainer. Once the individual passes the test or tests, they would receive a personal trainer diploma. This diploma certifies that the individual has the aptitude, knowledge and qualifications to conduct a personal fitness program for the public.
Personal Trainer Course – The Enterprise Known As The Personal Trainer Business
Once the individual has obtained the qualifications, acumen and certifications to be called a personal trainer, the individual can then enter into the personal trainer business. In this business, there are many ways to earn money using the knowledge and information obtained through study and practice. The simplest way is to become a personal trainer either in a fitness club or gym. Here, the individual would be given classes wherein they would mould willing individuals from their previous unhealthy lives and start exercising themselves to a fitter and better health. Another way is to become an individual personal trainer, where the individual would be engaged to train and guide the fitness regimen of one particular individual or group. Here, it is a one to one interaction with the end goal of becoming healthier through exercise and fitness programs.
The third way is opening up one’s own gym or fitness center. As the business owner and operator, the physical fitness trainer manages not just the health of their patrons but also the health of physical trainers employed in the business. Other ways include creating one’s own exercise regimen and marketing it either in real life or online, becoming health and fitness consultants and even writing a book on physical fitness. The possibilities are endless for an individual duly certified to be a personal trainer.
As can be seen, the process of becoming a personal trainer involves hard work, sweat and patience. The individual needs to develop personal trainer qualifications, learn the information either through personal trainer courses or through an online personal trainer course, obtain a personal trainer diploma and eventually participate in a personal trainer business to use the knowledge and the ability to assist others in their pursuit of health and happiness in their lives.Looking for a Career Change? Why not study with WABBA Qualifications to achieve your Personal Trainer Certification!